[Twisted-web] fork to Nevow documentation

Jean-Paul Calderone exarkun at divmod.com
Thu Jul 20 12:51:38 CDT 2006

On Thu, 20 Jul 2006 15:33:09 -0200, Manlio Perillo <manlio_perillo at libero.it> wrote:
>Michal Pasternak ha scritto:
>> Dnia Wednesday 19 July 2006 12:00, Manlio Perillo napisał:
>>> I have forked the Nevow documentation:
>>> http://svn.python.it/twisted/trunk/contrib/nevow/doc/
>>
>> Why are you forking it? Any particular reasons you don't want to fix things in
>> the mainstream?
>>

>For my convenience, of course!
>Since I'm using Nevow for a project, I want to annotate all things that
>I'm going to learn.

You don't need to fork Nevow's documentation to do this.  Forking just
makes it extremely unlikely that any improvements you make will ever be
re-incorporated into Nevow.  This is detrimental to the community in
numerous ways.  It can discourage improvements to Nevow's documentation,
it can confuse people trying to learn Nevow, and it makes it less likely
that people who do know Nevow well will offer criticism of what you write
or point out flaws in your understanding.

I hope that you will consider offering patches and other contributions
directly to Nevow's documentation instead of maintaining a complete fork
of it.

Jean-Paul