[Twisted-web] Re: Thoughts on documentation, wading into Twisted, Nevow, etc.

Valentino Volonghi aka Dialtone dialtone at divmod.com
Fri Jul 7 19:12:26 CDT 2006

On Fri, 7 Jul 2006 15:27:51 -0700, Beau Hartshorne <hartshorne at gmail.com> wrote:
>What do you think about task-oriented snippets and instructions, like  a
>Twisted Cookbook? It might make writing and consuming the  documentation a
>bit less daunting. Can anyone come up with say ten  common questions that
>come up on the list?

The main question is for sure the following:
- How can I authenticate with guard using a database? (talk about writing checkers)
- How can I use an ORM inside Nevow? (talk about Axiom, twisted.enterprise.adbapi, sqlalchemy+sAsync or simpler transactionToThread)
- How do I handle forms in Nevow? (talk about formal)
- What's the preferred way to share global state in a Nevow application? (talk about passing something in the root page and having the root page to pass that over and over to all children)
- How do I do nested sequences? (there's already an example, should be better documented)
- Man I hate how nested data_* directives behave, what are they doing? (talk about IContainer)
- What is a macro? (talk about one-time renderers)

And other questions that currently I can't remember.