[Twisted-web] Re: Thoughts on documentation, wading into Twisted, Nevow, etc.

lloyd at paisite.com lloyd at paisite.com
Fri Jul 7 17:17:39 CDT 2006

On Fri, July 7, 2006 4:20 pm, Valentino Volonghi aka Dialtone wrote:
> On Fri, 7 Jul 2006 13:13:48 -0400 (EDT), lloyd at paisite.com wrote:

>> Do you have the time and will to help me develop more Techno Turkey
>> Adventures?
>>

> I wouldn't mind helping out, hopefully the discussion can take place in
> this mailing list so that other people (if they want) can help
> answering/completing/ fixing/evaluating what we write.

Many thanks.

I need to rebuild my Twisted environment -- got blasted away last year by
an electrical storm. I'll try to have it back up sometime next week.

Meanwhile, as you'll note in http:twisted.paisite.com, we had developed
four adventures focusing on twisted.web. The last adventure brought up a
very simple-minded web-page. I waved my hands a bit in explicating the
code. I'm  not fully comfortable yet with the concepts introduced.

It would be tremendously helpful to have a road-map that spells out a
step-by-step development of concepts and suggested programming excercises
designed to deepen the programmer's understanding of Twisted and how to
effectively apply it. In other words, "where next? ...and next?"

I'm not competent enough to lay out the road-map nor to write the
exemplary code.

Each step in the road-map, then can be the subject of back-and-forth Q&A
aimed at bringing crystal clarity to the concepts and guiding the
development of code examples.

With enough people participating it could be fun, without an undue amount
of work for any one person. I can probably contribute best by asking
Mickey-the-Dunce questions and pulling it together into Turkeyese.

Thanks again,

Lloyd