[Twisted-web] fix web2 connection lost error handler

Andrea Arcangeli andrea at cpushare.com
Sun Jan 22 10:29:53 MST 2006

On Sun, Jan 22, 2006 at 05:02:41AM -0500, glyph at divmod.com wrote:
> Please send comments and patches to the bugtracker:
>
>    http://twistedmatrix.com/bugs/

Done.

> It's a basic courtesy, like using the proper format of diff.  You can just

Format diff is one click away, "raw". You want me to use the web to
file bugreports, so I thought you would be confortable with web reports too ;)

> slow and stylistically wrong instead of fast and logically wrong.  The
> appropriate API to use there is reason.check(error.ConnectionLost).

That's nicer, I'll fix that thanks!

> - You didn't really explain what the problem was, besides log noise.  What
> is the expected behavior?  Why is it expected?  What is the incorrect
> observed behavior?  You're randomly changing things around to suit your
> personal preferences (Twisted does not include an SMS log exception
> reporter, so I'm sure that wasn't bothering anyone else), and while that's
> fine for you, to be included in a release other people will use, it should
> have some justification.

It's a design decision, I want twisted to never generate exceptions,
unless there's a bug in twisted. An exception showing up in the log must
be like a kernel oops, when it happens it must signal a bug.

I considered logging a message but I thought it was not worth it, but
OTOH given this is still code under development, you're probably right
that it's a good idea (so if it happens too often we may want to review
the code).

> One procedural error for every line of code that you changed - *and* you

My code work right, SVN didn't, so don't blame on me for fixing bugs
please. It's only a style error, not anything that could harm the
runtime. But I agree in making it more eye candy.