[Twisted-web] web2 log patch

Mike Pelletier mike at mkp.ca
Fri Jan 20 17:05:48 MST 2006

They say it's better to say nothing and be thought a fool.  Allow me to
demonstrate as I recklessly jump into an already overheated discussion.

On Fri January 20 2006 18:39, glyph at divmod.com wrote:
> Seriously though, are you *trying* to convince us all that you are the
> biggest jerk in the world?

It's been interesting following the list for the last week or so.  Andrea's
served, consciously or not, as a pretty fair Devil's Advocate.  I've always
looked forward to what the movers and shakers on the list will make out of
the latest bug up his... bonnet.  It's a credit to the list that things have
remained as civil as they have, and that his concerns have been given as much
attention as they have.

But it's starting to get old.  There's got to come a time when one has to just
laugh, tussle his hair, and say, "Oh, that Andrea."  Surely that time has
come by now.  For instance, and do correct me if I'm wrong, I think he's
admitted in passing to not having used unit tests before.  Like everything
else that has come up which he isn't familiar with, he later dismissed them
as pointless.  How long can this sort of "that's not the way Mom does it"
criticism be taken seriously?  Andrea seems determined to find an answer to
that question.

Mike.