[Twisted-web] web2 log patch

Andrea Arcangeli andrea at cpushare.com
Fri Jan 20 15:36:58 MST 2006

On Fri, Jan 20, 2006 at 10:42:44PM +0100, Ralf Schmitt wrote:
> This is only a great idea since patches tend to rot in the bugtracker.
> I've added a patch for sending new style classes via pb at the end of 2003.
> 10 months later this has been assigned, in march 2005 db3l asks why this
> patch hasn't been applied (he's using it successfully).

The same happened for the ssl exceptions.

> So, maybe you should check your "formalities" that speed up the
> development process. I guess they aren't working that good.

Agreed.

> It doesn't make sense for everyone to manage their own patched twisted,
> fixing the same bugs...

I can consider exporting my branch instead of keeping it private. I use
mercurial, so development wouldn't be centralized. I could pull from
anybody else branch and anybody could pull from mine.

I now understand Rogers's choice, but I think a stable branch without
formalities could give more confidence (it does for me, and if that
fails too, I'll take rogers path).

http://twistedmatrix.com/pipermail/twisted-python/2005-May/010300.html