[Twisted-web] twisted.web2+Cheetah+FormKit

Valentino Volonghi aka Dialtone dialtone at divmod.com
Thu Jan 19 12:09:28 MST 2006

On Thu, Jan 19, 2006 at 05:19:35PM +0100, Andrea Arcangeli wrote:
> What do twisted-web readers think about FormKit as a replacement for
> formless? (Cheetah replaced the template rendering of nevow already)

formless is not a web library but webform was.

I don't think the form library should be bundled with the web server. It's
something that has to do with the toolkit. And Nevow already has a replacement
for that called forms, which is similar in the API to that of FormKit but it
can understand deferreds. Since Nevow is going to remove the context somehow
even forms will remove it, once that is done you could easily use forms with
web2 without Nevow (although form rendering depends on Nevow of course since
it uses stan).

Of course I think it is right to bundle it with your new toolkit (sigh... yet
another one in the python world).

--
Valentino Volonghi aka Dialtone
Now Running MacOSX 10.4