[Twisted-web] Cheetah+twisted.web2

Paul G paul-lists at perforge.com
Wed Jan 18 16:08:57 MST 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andrea Arcangeli" <andrea at cpushare.com>
To: "Twisted Web World" <twisted-web at twistedmatrix.com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 18, 2006 4:36 PM
Subject: Re: [Twisted-web] Cheetah+twisted.web2

> I already have to use bugtruckers for my job, why can't we just use
> email? Thankfully the kernel development doesn't require patches to pass
> through bugzilla and Andrew gets them by email. And this is not a bug,
> it's a feature... so it should go in the featuretracker if something 8)

bugtrackers (issue trackers actually) are Good (tm). the kernel is an
impressive effort, to be sure, but that doesn't mean that its processes port
well to all other projects or are best for them. in our case, the ability to
track issues and their progress in trac and assign changesets to issues when
closing them is a huge boon.

> I'll have to learn using unittest, I appreciated the email from Andrew
> B. on how to create a unittest for the caching feature (the one for
> vhost will be simpler).

unittests are very good, as well. if only we could have unittests for the
kernel ;)

-p