[Twisted-web] Re: Good ROM tool ?

Paul G paul-lists at perforge.com
Wed Jan 18 01:25:03 MST 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Nicola Larosa" <nico at tekNico.net>
To: <twisted-web at twistedmatrix.com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 18, 2006 2:49 AM
Subject: [Twisted-web] Re: Good ROM tool ?

> dialtone:
>
> tekNico:
>>> No, me too.
>
> Paul G:
>> care to enlighten me, since i have not yet seen the pain? valentino,
>> you're very welcome to chime in too. help me save me from myself ;)
>
> Look at this:
>
> http://www.cheetahtemplate.org/examples.html
>
> Sure, Cheetah is cleaner than PSP, but it still mixes syntax elements with
> text, and I really dislike it.

--- snip ---

>On the other hand, for XHTML templating, I prefer having hooks in
> attributes

ah, this appears to be a perfectly valid difference of opinion then. i
certainly find that it is reasonable (and expedient) to have presentation
logic in a template - cheetah isn't designer friendly enough to let a
designer loose on it, but i could definitely get a php monkey to update the
template instead of having a dev fudge with it. you seem to want any sort of
code out of there, which is a perfectly reasonable preference as well.

thank you for your input, it is much appreciated.

-p