[Twisted-web] Good ROM tool ?

Paul G paul-lists at perforge.com
Tue Jan 17 04:54:57 MST 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lawrence Oluyede" <l.oluyede at gmail.com>
To: "Twisted Web World" <twisted-web at twistedmatrix.com>
Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2006 6:20 AM
Subject: Re: [Twisted-web] Good ROM tool ?

>> hmm, the absence of deferToThread in that code is conspicuous. how are
>> the
>> db operations made asynchronous? any chance a kind, italian-reading soul
>> can
>> translate/elaborate? signor valentino, perhaps?

of course, as soon as i sent that, i realized that i missed a deferToThread
;]

> I'm going to translate the message as-is:

thank you muchly.

> Keep in mind that the transact() function cannot access to anything
> not thread-safe and so it must be used CAREFULLY or the world can go
> down on you :D It's an example to show that I'm using it with Twisted
> because it's thread-safe and it's very good. I'm not using the very
> interesting ORM layer that I think it's not fully usable in Twisted
> (due to its lazyness in some spots).

it would be interesting to hear where the problem points are from valentino,
since sqlalchemy is what i'm looking at using right now and he's obviously
looked into it already. i suspect that doing unspeakable things to the 'Unit
Of Work' part of sqlalchemy might be needed to get the ORM stuff working
with twisted. thoughts?

-p