[Twisted-web] Good ROM tool ?

Lawrence Oluyede l.oluyede at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 04:20:40 MST 2006

> hmm, the absence of deferToThread in that code is conspicuous. how are the
> db operations made asynchronous? any chance a kind, italian-reading soul can
> translate/elaborate? signor valentino, perhaps?

I'm going to translate the message as-is:

-------
from Valentino Volonghi:

SQLAlchemy is very good. I'm trying it in these days and it's
wonderful. Yesterday I had a bunch of minutes available to write
something interesting:

#--- snip for the code ---#

Keep in mind that the transact() function cannot access to anything
not thread-safe and so it must be used CAREFULLY or the world can go
down on you :D It's an example to show that I'm using it with Twisted
because it's thread-safe and it's very good. I'm not using the very
interesting ORM layer that I think it's not fully usable in Twisted
(due to its lazyness in some spots).

To me it's the best ORM tool around in this moment because it doesn't
force the ORM to users and it's also for people who likes SQL and
knows when and where it can be useful.
-------

HTH

--