[Twisted-web] Twisted should have frequent-er stable releases

Andrea Arcangeli andrea at cpushare.com
Mon Jan 16 02:35:57 MST 2006

On Mon, Jan 16, 2006 at 09:35:37AM +1100, Christopher Armstrong wrote:
> still lots of problems around web site maintenance and documentation
> management (apart from the content itself), so that would be an
> excellent place to put your effort.

The website update isn't really required. To me the important things are
the tarball to download and the mailing list announce. I wouldn't spend
much time on the website, when you can do something more useful: just
create a list like twisted-announce. Website is a very inefficient
medium to release updates, if a major security bugs hits, you can't
depend on people clicking on the website to inform them.
twisted-announce should be more than enough. However if there was a way
to automate the rendering of this page dynamically it was better:

http://twistedmatrix.com/projects/core/

For example I do a os.listdir() on the files, to get the highest name.