[Twisted-web] Re: [Nevow-commits] r3904 - server-side (fragment)nesting, and convenience descriptor generator

Paul G paul-lists at perforge.com
Sat Jan 14 16:53:42 MST 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andrew Bennetts" <andrew-twisted at puzzling.org>
To: "Twisted Web World" <twisted-web at twistedmatrix.com>
Sent: Saturday, January 14, 2006 6:37 PM
Subject: Re: [Twisted-web] Re: [Nevow-commits] r3904 - server-side
(fragment)nesting, and convenience descriptor generator

> On Sat, Jan 14, 2006 at 04:57:24PM +0100, Andrea Arcangeli wrote:
> [...]
>> Note that currently twisted is very good, there's nearly no dependency
>> except for pyopenssl which is of course a must-have, so it's fine. nevow
>> depends on twisted which is fine too. zopeinterfaces is the only
>> annoyance, I don't want more than zopeinterfaces as annoyances.
>
> Believe me, zope.interface is far less of an annoyance than the NIH mess
> we had
> before it.  There are deb and rpm packages for it for most distros, so I
> really
> don't see this as a big issue.

i'll second this - i've never had a problem installing z.i and have never
talked to anyone who considered it to be an issue worth talking about. with
that said, i also don't see any reason (unless there are licensing issues)
with including a certain z.i snapshot with twisted core releases, since it
would have presumably been certified with them. wait, the -sumo release
already does that.

;)

-p