[Twisted-web] Re: [Nevow-commits] r3904 - server-side (fragment) nesting, and convenience descriptor generator

Tristan Seligmann mithrandi-twisted-web at mithrandi.za.net
Fri Jan 13 10:32:21 MST 2006

* Andrea Arcangeli <andrea at cpushare.com> [2006-01-13 14:58:24 +0100]:

> On Thu, Jan 12, 2006 at 11:43:12PM -0500, Jean-Paul Calderone wrote:
> > You can browse it online:
> > <http://divmod.org/trac/browser/trunk/Epsilon/epsilon>.  It amounts to a
> > general utility library.
>
> This lib totally depends on twisted, so IMHO it has to go in twisted SVN
> repository. Otherwise why don't you move twisted.flow into divmod
> repository?

I don't follow this reasoning. Twisted totally depends on Python, should
Twisted go in the Python SVN repository? Should Python go in the Twisted
SVN repository?

> such a big deal, requiring a separate epslion package that infact
> depends on twisted would be even confusing, so distro will make
> twisted-epsilon not just epsilon.

No, the Debian package would be named python-epsilon, and have a
dependency on the python-twisted package.

It seems to me that separate projects should be, well, separate. It's
really not hard to check out code from different svn repositories; you
can even have svn do it automatically for you with svn:externals and so
on. What compelling benefits does squashing everything together in one
monolithic jumble have? It just seems more confusing to me.