[Twisted-web] Re: [Nevow-commits] r3904 - server-side (fragment) nesting, and convenience descriptor generator

Andrea Arcangeli andrea at cpushare.com
Thu Jan 12 21:15:30 MST 2006

On Thu, Jan 12, 2006 at 04:06:13PM -0500, glyph at divmod.com wrote:
> It's likely that Nevow will come to depend upon Epsilon at some point in
> the future: for example, code shared between Axiom and Nevow will not be
> scattered through the Divmod repository in multiple places.  However, if

What is this code? I'd like to understand. Perhaps you're right it worth
it but without knowing the details I've some doubt. I'm really very
annoyed by unnecessary dependencies. I want to checkout stuff from
SVN/CVS repositories not eggs/rpm/deb.

BTW, I'm not a believer in axiom, I bought into the atop hype initially
but about one year ago I luckily listened to Valentino that postgresql
was much better choice. I think one should either don't use a db at all
and index stuff by hand in the filesystem, or use a real DBMS
(postgresql/mysql/commercial) [yes I know axiom can be ported from
sqllite to othe things but I think if SQL is the backend, one would
better understand SQL and write SQL by hand, SQL read committed semantics
must be in the mind of the programmer or things will be racy in real life]