[Twisted-web] Re: [Nevow-commits] r3904 - server-side (fragment) nesting, and convenience descriptor generator

Matt Goodall matt at pollenation.net
Thu Jan 12 05:21:16 MST 2006

Andrea Arcangeli wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 04, 2006 at 10:45:13AM +0000, Matt Goodall wrote:
>
>>Note: I have absolutely no objection to packages dependencies when
>>useful. I just don't think this qualifies as useful at all.
>

> Just a side note: I would have objection even if useful, I'd rather
> prefer the other package to be merged into a new directory of nevow
> repository if it's so small anyway. The stack should remain:
>
> 	python -> twisted -> nevow -> whatever
>
> Not the other way around. This is about usability and avoiding
> unecessairly mess.

My objection was seeing the dependency added for something so trivial
and of debatable use. I would *much* rather see Nevow depend on Epsilon
than see bits of Epsilon copied into Nevow (if that's what you're
suggesting).

If anything, we should be removing modules from Nevow (appserver,
static, etc), not adding more.

> The zope interfaces are already annoying enough ;).
> Some people thought they had to install zope to use twisted, really. The
> sooner that zopeintefaces thing gets merged into twisted the better
> (keeping it in sync wouldn't be such a nightmare as long as it remains
> in readonly mode inside twisted repository).

zope.interface is already included in Twisted if you get the Sumo
distribution. In any case, if you try to import twisted you get a good
descriptive exception that even includes the URL!

- Matt

--
     __
    /  \__     Matt Goodall, Pollenation Internet Ltd
  __/  \__/    e: matt at pollenation.net
 /  \__/  \    t: +44 (0)113 2252500
 /  \          Any views expressed are my own and do not necessarily
 \__/          reflect the views of my employer.