[Twisted-web] Is it possible to call the client from the server with nevow/athena

Jean-Paul Calderone exarkun at divmod.com
Sun Jan 1 10:36:09 MST 2006

On Sun, 1 Jan 2006 18:26:03 +0100, Martin Möllenbeck <martin at moellenbecks.de> wrote:
>Hi and happy new year,
>
>is it possible to call the client from the server with nevow/athena  like
>nevow/livepage?
>
>I have take a look to the source, but I didn't unterstand it quite well.

Both LivePage and LiveFragment have a "callRemote" method which will invoke some JavaScript function on the client.  The "widgets" example demonstrates this.  You can find the Python for this example at <http://divmod.org/trac/browser/trunk/Nevow/examples/athenademo/widgets.py> and the JavaScript at <http://divmod.org/trac/browser/trunk/Nevow/examples/athenademo/widgets.js>.

Hope this helps,

Jean-Paul