[Twisted-web] Twisted and WSDL

David E. Konerding dekonerding at lbl.gov
Tue Feb 14 11:31:26 MST 2006

C Wegrzyn wrote:
> Hello. I am just getting started with Twisted and I must say it is a
> very nice package! I am trying to write a SOAP application (server side).
>
> In the C/C++ I would use gSOAP to take a WSDL and generate the support
> libraries. What I like about Twisted is that introspection is available
> to make this, more or less, automatic. I searched around trying to find
> an example of using a WSDL file along with Twisted so that I would only
> need to write the supporting functions. I found nothing very useful. I
> am wondering if anyone can give me some pointers to using WSDL under
> Twisted (I know something of SOAPpy but I am not sure I can use it
> directly under Twisted).

Chuck,
Take a look at the 'ZSI' project.

http://pywebsvcs.sourceforge.net/

If you check out the serialize-dom-scheme branch, you get a really nice
WSDL code generator for Python (much, much better than SOAPpy
or normal ZSI).  Then, go get pyGridWare.  It adds a Twisted service
container that can house ZSI-based web services.

If you want a working example, with documentation:

http://dsd.lbl.gov/gtg/projects/PythonCLServiceTool/

Good luck,
Dave