[Twisted-web] Web2 Script.py seems to be broken

David Reid dreid at dreid.org
Wed Feb 8 09:35:35 MST 2006

Todd Thomas wrote:
> It does support wsgi, I was playing around with it. I went back to
> twisted-web, I like its lower level approach. Using http.request
> directly vs. resources is nice since I can pretty much tell exactly what
> is going on. I love the fact that you can work at an extremely low level
> in twisted-web. I hope twisted-web2 doesn't get too high level.

I don't really understand this, twisted.web _has_ resources.  They're
not very good in that one resource is expected to return another
resource to consume the next segment in the path, which makes it hard to
stop the machinery.  But if you mean what I think you mean (which I hope
you don't) and that you're working with your own server.Site then I'd
say you need twisted.web2 more than anyone, because it's resource api
will allow you to make your framework work along side others.  Which is
one of the problems with current Nevow and part of the reason
twisted.web2 was started.

-David