[Twisted-web] Web2 Script.py seems to be broken

David Reid dreid at dreid.org
Tue Feb 7 09:57:11 MST 2006

Todd Thomas wrote:
> I find them extemely handy personally, how else are you going add
> resources without resorting to restarting the server? But I guess
> depends on what you are using them for. I tend to use twisted more for
> testing and experimenting, simpler than installing apache. Unfortunately
> twisted-web doesnt have a wsgi implementation, I have been messing
> around with django a bit trying to see how modular the code is.

If all you want is something easier to configure/install than apache I'd
suggest lighttpd.  Unless you've got a pre-existing twisted.web2
deployment and pre-existing twisted.web2 using code, I don't see a
reason to use twisted which is very unstable, going to change radically,
and probably doesn't work anyway. :)

Of course if you really want to use twisted.web2.script you're welcome
to submit patches to the bugtracker.

-David