[Twisted-web] test failure of Nevow on Windows XP

Jean-Paul Calderone exarkun at divmod.com
Tue Apr 11 17:04:05 CDT 2006

On Tue, 11 Apr 2006 18:50:43 -0200, Manlio Perillo <manlio_perillo at libero.it> wrote:
>I have installed Nevow 0.8 with Twisted 2.2.0.
>
>I got:
>[FAIL]:
>nevow.test.test_json.JavascriptObjectNotationTestCase.testOrdinalRange
>
>  File "F:\home\manlio\...\nevow\test\test_json.py", line 68, in
>testOrdinalRange
>
>twisted.trial.unittest.FailTest: ValueError not raised
>('"\\ud800\\udc00"' returned)

Thanks for reporting this!  (Too bad the test does not give more information).  This particular area is under active development, so this test will probably be quite a bit happier in 0.8.1 or 0.9.  What this failure means is that some extremely obscure characters will not pass between server and client correctly, when used in with Athena.  It's pretty unlikely that you'll encounter this in any application, and when it is fixed, it will be transparent (ie, your app will just magically start supporting those characters).

>Moreover, the README, install section, contains an error:
>trial has no -v option.

And thanks for pointing this out!  I've created a ticket in the issue tracker for fixing it.

Jean-Paul