[Twisted-web] overkill context switches

Andrea Arcangeli andrea at cpushare.com
Thu Sep 29 07:02:53 MDT 2005

On Tue, Sep 27, 2005 at 03:00:45PM -0700, Scott Lamb wrote:
> The non-kernel developers among us might just try running PostgreSQL
> on a different machine. ;)

eheh ;)

If I could have reproduced it locally I would have tried it, but on the
remote server behind firewalls to try that it would have been tricky and
the extremely different timings and huge latency of connecting to the
sql server through the internet would have probably invalidate the
results.

Anyway it's fixed now by making serial requests to the db, so I tend to
think it was postgres and not twisted and so I apologise for the noise.

A full vacuum with analyse (vaccumdb -z -f) also halved the time it
takes to nevow to render the page.