[Twisted-web] Problems with images and css

Tommi Virtanen tv at twistedmatrix.com
Wed Sep 7 11:10:54 MDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-09-07 at 17:15 +0100, Alberto Trujillo wrote:
> I know that I must load the diretory where I have my images and css,
> because otherwise nevow is not going to render it.
> Everything works well while this is running in my local machine, but in
> the server doesn't work. I have noticed that a simple '.' at the
> begining of a path, can destroy all my web, even the things that are not
> relate with that image.
> Why is this happening?

With the information you have given us, no one knows.
First, simplify your system to the smallest possible,
where the problem still occurs. Then, try to actually
give us exact information on what you did, what happened,
and what did you expect to happen.

> Another problems is that even if I fix that problems, the website
> doesn't recover the information from my image directory or css
> directory, and I have to remove all the structure directory, upload
> again, close the web browser, etc.
> Is nevow keeping information in any kind of cache, and that is probably
> the reason because even if I fix the problems, still I can't see anything?

No, but your browser most likely is. Or a proxy is. It might even be a
transparent proxy run by your ISP.