[Twisted-web] how to redirect to another url

Valentino Volonghi aka Dialtone dialtone at divmod.com
Mon Sep 5 05:16:47 MDT 2005

Alberto Trujillo wrote:

> Hello:
> Could anybody tell me what I must change in the next code to do an
> automatic redirection of url.
> I need something similar to the line 30, but this doesn't work. I have
> created a temporal solution in the line 33 and everything works ok,
> but of course if the url is different to 'localhost', nothing works.
> Thanks you very much.
>
> file.py
> -----------
>    def data_header(self, ctx, data):

Too late.
If you want to redirect you have to do that in:
locateChild or a child_something method returning an url object or
calling: inevow.IRequest(ctx).redirect('where/')

or in beforeRender method.

otherwise you have to make the page bufferized and then call
IRequest(ctx).redirect() to do what you need.

there are no other ways to redirect.

--
Valentino Volonghi aka Dialtone
Now Running MacOSX 10.4.1