[Twisted-web] Form POST to a twisted web2 Resource fails...

Boh Yap bhyz00 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 23 14:31:42 MDT 2005

hi,

I have recently (last 2 weeks) been working with twisted2 and web2.
However when submitting a form using 'method="POST" ', I get this error:

  The requested method POST is not supported by
/vwZMbr_detl?mbr_id=6&listuse=edit&LOI=0.

But when I use 'method="GET", its OK.

I followed the example in the Twisted2 docs.
<http://twistedmatrix.com/projects/web2/documentation/examples/demo.html>

this is what I have in the HTML form:
(vwZMbr_detl is the Resource thats suppose to process the Web form)

--snip--
<form method="POST" enctype="x-www-form-urlencoded">   <-- following
example code

...error_msg: The requested method POST is not supported by
                        /vwZMbr_detl?mbr_id=6&listuse=edit&LOI=0.

<form action="vwZMbr_detl" method="POST">                         <--
this doesnt work either!

    error_msg:  The requested method POST is not supported by /vwZMbr_detl.

<form action="vwZMbr_detl" method="get">                <-- this works !
--snip--

my resource has this:

    class MyResc(resource.PostableResource):
          def render(self, ctx):
       <-- reneder method to return a string

further notes:
 the code has been ported over from Twisted1.xx and web1, and is
working fine as .rpy's (as beta but not yet deployed in pproduction)
 Am porting over to Twisted2 and Web2 as starting on a new project, as
might as well use the latest and greatest... is that advisable? Can
someone pls advise if Twisted2 + Web2 is ready for production? The
app. will have start off with reltively low volume, but may need to
scale up qite quickly. Any advise will be appreciated.

I've dug around but cannot seem to find a solution,  and any help will
be appreciated....

thanks,

Boh Yap
bhyz at mac.com