[Twisted-web] Concurrency in a twisted.web application

Andrew Bennetts andrew-twisted at puzzling.org
Tue Nov 29 07:09:53 MST 2005

On Tue, Nov 29, 2005 at 02:13:20PM +0100, Ananda Tallur wrote:
[...]
> I have no idea of how to implement this, and can't find a
> documentation or an example for this kind of concurrent web
> application with twisted.web.

Tommi's advice to use reactor.spawnProcess is good.

You may find the "mirror" component of Backwards to be helpful -- if I recall
correctly, if a thumbnail is requested but doesn't exist yet, it can spawn a
process to generate it, which sounds very similar to what you are after.

Backwards can be found at:
    http://puzzling.org/computing/software/projects/backwards

-Andrew.