[Twisted-web] LivePage cannot append rows to tables?

Jean-Paul Calderone exarkun at divmod.com
Mon Nov 21 19:05:18 MST 2005

On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 20:44:55 -0500, Mike Pelletier <mike at mkp.ca> wrote:
>On Mon November 21 2005 18:12, Jean-Paul Calderone wrote:
>>
>> [snip - athena]
>
>...should I be looking into this?  I wasn't aware of nevow.athena, but I see
>I've got it installed.  I don't have any legacy code to worry about, should I
>just skip nevow.livepage completely?  Would you trust 0.6.0 not to put its
>elbows on the table or vomit on the Japanese?  I don't really want to hack up
>javascript if I can avoid it.

It works alright in 0.6 (there might be some puking, but it is relatively limited in scope - bathroom only, I would say).  It works better in current trunk at HEAD.  The API isn't stable yet (it has changed between 0.6 and trunk at HEAD, it will change some more, I think), and there's definitely a few things to fix before I'd say it's deployable.  I'd recommend at least taking a look at it: writing larger apps will definitely be easier with it than with nevow.livepage.  On the other hand, if you only have a few "live" requirements, since you already have some nevow.livepage code, you might want to stick with that for now.  It won't be disappearing suddenly for several releases at least ;)

Jean-Paul