[Twisted-web] livepage

Matt Goodall matt at pollenation.net
Tue May 3 09:21:00 MDT 2005

Tommi Virtanen wrote:

> Matt Goodall wrote:
>
>> I don't think is a good recommendation until rend.Page stops always
>> handling an additional empty segment regardless of the value of
>> addSlash. This behaviour has already been deprecated but not yet
>> removed. See nevow.rend.Page.child_.
>>
>> Right now, there's no way the developer can know if the URL the user
>> used to reach the page is /foo or /foo/ and that makes it difficult to
>> construct a correct relative URL.
>>
>> I guess it's time to remove the deprecated child_ stuff.
>

> Good point -- I try to be very careful about that in my own apps,
> so I didn't even realize someone might write code that really does
> not even know how it is used.

As those subscribed to the nevow commits list already know (sorry for
the spam ;-)), I started cleaning out much of the deprecated cruft in
Nevow last night. The above child_ behaviour is something that has now
been removed.

Right now, the changes are sitting in a branch but I'll merge to trunk
soon(ish).

Cheers, Matt

--
     __
    /  \__     Matt Goodall, Pollenation Internet Ltd
  __/  \__/    e: matt at pollenation.net
 /  \__/  \    t: +44 (0)113 2252500
 /  \          Any views expressed are my own and do not necessarily
 \__/          reflect the views of my employer.