[Twisted-web] leightweight CMS

Andrea Arcangeli andrea at cpushare.com
Sun Mar 13 15:18:12 MST 2005

On Sun, Mar 13, 2005 at 06:43:44PM +0100, Tim Terlegård wrote:
> Is there an Open Source leightweight CMS or web system of any kind
> that uses twisted and nevow and that stores content (atleast articles)
> as files?

FS I/O is a blocking operation (even writes can be blocking, but
more normally only reads out of cache are blocking) so reading the files
would stall the whole server while you wait for I/O to complete. So it's
ok for small projects where performance isn't a big issue, but it should
be generally discouraged since it breaks the async model of twisted. If
you really want files, you should consider doing all blocking I/O in a
separate thread.