[Twisted-web] Fix for an issue 92 (windows binary distribution made with distutils doesn't install data files into package directories)

Andrea Arcangeli andrea at cpushare.com
Thu Mar 3 11:07:40 MST 2005

On Thu, Mar 03, 2005 at 09:33:42AM -0800, Cory Dodt wrote:

> +1 performance-enhancing drugs.
>
> BTW, is there an example of using cached anywhere?

weever has some example for tags cached.

The hard rand.Page cache is much simpler to use, my code looks like this:

LIFETIME = 60

class forever_cached_page_class(rend.Page):
	cache = True
class cached_page_class(forever_cached_page_class):
	lifetime = LIFETIME

class myclass(rend.Page, cached_page_class):

class myclass(rand.Page, forever_cached_page_class):

If the renderings are static you can cache forever, mine are dynamic
over time, so I more frequently use multiple inheritance
with cached_page_class.

Trivial isn't it?

It has taken me _minutes_ to cache my whole site.

Try w/ cache and w/o cache ab2 -n 1000 -c 100 localhost:8080/

Still there are parts where I don't cache anything (since I don't want
to complicate things too much), and for those the optimizations in compy
should payoff significantly.

Thanks!