[Twisted-web] livepage.glue and Componentized

Christopher Armstrong radeex at gmail.com
Sun Jul 24 18:48:14 MDT 2005

On 7/25/05, Mike Pelletier <mike at mkp.ca> wrote:
> Hi there, helpful Nevow hackers.
>
> I just tried to convert a rend.Page-derived class into a livepage.LivePage
> one.  My first attempt resulted in an infinite recursion.  I managed to spaz
> around until I eventually found what I had to change to fix this, but I don't
> understand why my fix worked.
>
> It seems that if my LivePage object is a component of the application, and I
> specify either the component or the application as the root page, I get the
> infinite recursion when rendering the page.  But if my LivePage object merely
> Adapts the application in a non-persistent manner, it works fine.  Please see
> the attachment for clarification.  (Hopefully I haven't reduced it beyond
> making sense.)
>
> Was I attempting to use something in an unsupported or undefined manner, or
> should it have worked the way I thought it would?

I'm not sure *exactly* why you got this infinite recursion thing, but
I can tell you that I find it extremely bizarre that you were trying
to make the resource an adapter of your application. Application
objects aren't really meant to have more adapters or components added
to them in regular application code. Where did you get that idea, or
what were you trying to accomplish with it?

--
  Twisted   |  Christopher Armstrong: International Man of Twistery
   Radix    |    -- http://radix.twistedmatrix.com
            |  Release Manager, Twisted Project
  \\\V///   |    -- http://twistedmatrix.com
   |o O|    |