[Twisted-web] Re: Remove addSlash from Nevow

Christopher Armstrong radeex at gmail.com
Sat Jul 23 19:31:37 MDT 2005

On 7/24/05, Alex Levy <mesozoic at polynode.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 23, 2005 at 10:33:31AM -0400, James Y Knight wrote:
> > On Jul 23, 2005, at 7:39 AM, Valentino Volonghi aka Dialtone wrote:
> > >I think that the trailing / only makes sense when dealing with
> > >directory
> > >listing.
> > >A Page, unless it's a Directory shouldn't use the /.
> > >
> > >addSlash is really awful and should really go away.
> >
> > Lots of pages are directories (viz. child_ methods)
>
> As long as addSlash defaults to not True, what is the harm in leaving it in?
> It seems like the sort of generic feature that a lot of people could find
> very useful in a lot of different circumstances.

In all of my apps, I use addSlash quite a bit, and only in pages that
have child_ methods (or otherwise implement child resources).

I can understand from a code factoring sense why a separate mixin
might be nice, but I really don't understand why you'd want to get rid
of it when it doesn't even currently affect anything until you turn it
on.

--
  Twisted   |  Christopher Armstrong: International Man of Twistery
   Radix    |    -- http://radix.twistedmatrix.com
            |  Release Manager, Twisted Project
  \\\V///   |    -- http://twistedmatrix.com
   |o O|    |