[Twisted-web] using freeform bind_* instead of subclass TypedInterface

Richard Wall m-lists at the-moon.net
Mon Jul 18 06:36:55 MDT 2005

On 18/07/05 08:58 Paul Reznicek wrote:

> I believe, that except the examples in Nevow distribution, everybody
> NEED customized skins. Partial effect can be reached with custom css,
> but not all necessary tasks.

I think the default form / argument layout could be improved. I'd prefer
a layout using definition lists (as demonstrated in my example) for
inputs, labels and errors. Thats way the form looks presentable without
the css and actually looks quite good in lynx.

> I've tried to do this using ideas and help from Richard Wall (see my
> form manually.

I don't agree there. Even though you have to write more html, it is
still simpler than writing the full form by hand, and you get all the
benefits of formless validation messages etc.

Remember that you don't have to define the n:pattern="argument" if you
are happy with the formless default. Just define the form-action and
argument!!?? slots.
--
Richard Wall