[Twisted-web] using freeform bind_* instead of subclass TypedInterface

Donovan Preston dp at ulaluma.com
Sat Jul 16 13:30:44 MDT 2005

On Jul 16, 2005, at 7:33 AM, Richard Wall wrote:

> There has been talk on #twisted.web of removing the slot system and
> encouraging use of render_ methods instead, so this example may need
> altering in future. Perhaps Donovan or one of the other developers
> might
> comment on whether there is a better / more future proof way of
> creating
> custom forms. I might just have not understood what was being talked
> about though. :-)

The discussion was mostly exploratory; nothing is likely to happen
for months, if not years. Also, I don't think slots would ever go
away fully. I would just like to replicate the way exarkun uses slots
by changing the render calling convention to be more likable and useful.

It would be really nice if it were simpler to customize formless
forms. Thanks for doing this example.

Donovan