[Twisted-web] Re: Introduction, newbie confusion plus an offer

Tommi Virtanen tv at twistedmatrix.com
Tue Jul 12 04:52:57 MDT 2005

lloyd at paisite.com wrote:
> I can see two approaches, and welcome input from all:
>
> 1) Work through current documentation, asking questions about things that
> confuse me and providing the answers/clarifications as a rewrite of
> current documentation

I suggest you start with this, using the roundup issue tracking system
to submit documentation bugs (the mailing list archives have a good list
of things you should include in the report, IIRC by Mary)

> 2) Develop totally parallel documents

I feel most of the efforts that have gone this way have ended up dying
quietly with nothing much achieved, and more to the point, with no value
gained by the Twisted or Nevow projects.

> 1) Submit my questions to the mail-list. Consolidate and re-write

Yes please.

> 2) Start a new document on my site or one of the Twisted sites. Write what
> I understand with questions about what I don't. Invite clarifications
> through the mail-list.

That might work too, but please try to get it integrated into twisted
early (being a draft is no reason not to be part of the project), and
make sure people on the mailing lists see your open questions.

Thank you very much for your efforts. (Thank you even more if something
real comes out of this ;)