[Twisted-web] livepage breaks after reload

Tue Jan 25 16:05:00 MST 2005

I have just started implementing another webapp, this time with
livepage. When I tried to add more than one page objects (published
objects derived from rend.Page) I noticed that any kind of page reload
other than through JavaScript breakes the livepage functionality. When I
tried to find the cause I did not get very far. It simply seems to me
that python functions that are connected to javascript events do not get
through.

This does not only happen with my app but also with the chatola app from
the example directory. When I reload chatola the browser does not update
its html dom anymore. I basically have to restart the browser to make it
work again.

I can reproduce these symptoms on firefox 0.7-1.0 for linux and windows.

I also noticed that the liveanimal example works fine throughout reloads.

Constructive thoughts very much appreciated!

#noema