[Twisted-web] Nevow and Authentication

Daniel Henninger jadestorm at nc.rr.com
Mon Jan 10 08:41:26 MST 2005

Hi folk!

I'm having issues wrapping my mind around the best way to handle this, so
I'm hoping maybe you all have a quick answer for me.

So, I am using nevow to build a web admin interface for a python-based
jabber transport.  I prepare the site as follows:
                site =
appserver.NevowSite(webadmin.WebAdmin(pytrans=app.transportSvc))
                reactor.listenTCP(int(config.webport), site)

The WebAdmin root node is:
class WebAdmin(rend.Page):

and goes from there based loosely around some of the examples.  Now, the
problem is, I need to add authentication to the mix, and the examples show
use of a portal, but I can not put two and two together to figure out how
to  have both authentication and the rend-based template engine.  Is there
something simple that I am missing here?  All I need is a simple basic
auth requirement to get to the WebAdmin piece.

Thanks much!

Daniel

--
"The most addictive drug in the world is music."
     - The Lost Boyz