[Twisted-web] problems with data_XXX in formless templates

Federico Di Gregorio fog at initd.org
Thu Feb 24 09:01:51 MST 2005

On Thu, Feb 24, 2005 at 07:28:50AM -0800, Donovan Preston wrote:
> >Btw, would make sense to have ctx.remember actually check that the
> >given adapter really support the interfaces it is rememberd for?
>
> *Every* python object is said to implement IData. It is merely a marker
> interface. Not every IData is required to implement IContainer,
> although if IContainer is not implemented then problems like this one
> occur if you try to use data directives.
>
> It might make sense to check for other interfaces, but I'm -0 on the
> idea.

I understand. Probably there are also other cases of an interface used
just as a marker without a real request on the remembered object to
implement it.

About my problem: it would be that bad to have MethodBinding implement
IContainer? Or it is an error of the data directive trying to adapt
to IContainer every object remembered as IData? I am a little bit
confused about the data directive/IData/IContainer stuff and how it
is supposed to work.

federico