[Twisted-web] remove ugliness when creating Nevow sessions

Valentino Volonghi aka Dialtone dialtone at divmod.com
Wed Dec 14 07:44:22 MST 2005

On Wed, Dec 14, 2005 at 02:21:54PM +0100, Andrea Arcangeli wrote:
> The garbage is still there... patch is not applied, perhaps you're not
> looking into trunk?

  1204         dp
  1104         dp     def locateChild(self, ctx, segments):
  1104         dp         request = inevow.IRequest(ctx)
  1908      glyph         # ctx.remember(self, ILoginManager)
   565         dp         path = segments[0]
  1498         dp         if self.useCookies:
  1498         dp             cookie = request.getCookie(self.cookieKey)
  1498         dp         else:
  1498         dp             cookie = ''
  2469         mg         request.setupSession = lambda : self.createSession(ctx, segments)
  1908      glyph
   565         dp         if path.startswith(SESSION_KEY):
   565         dp             key = path[len(SESSION_KEY):]
   565         dp             if key not in self.sessions:
  2469         mg                 return urlToChild(ctx, *segments[1:], **{'__start_session__':1}), ()
   565         dp             self.sessions[key].setLifetime(self.sessionLifetime)
   565         dp             if cookie == key:
   565         dp                 # /sessionized-url/${SESSION_KEY}aef9c34aecc3d9148/foo
   565         dp                 #                  ^
   565         dp                 #                  we are this getChild
   565         dp                 # with a matching cookie
   565         dp                 self.sessions[key].sessionJustStarted = True
  3148      glyph                 return urlToChild(ctx, *segments[1:]), ()

This is enough to remove the weird url.
What kind of clients are you using to still see the garbage on the
URL? I don't see it anymore with safari, firefox, ie, konqueror and some
others.

To enter the path with the garbage you would need to use an hand crafted
sessionized url with a not existing session. Otherwise it won't be touched.
Sincerely I don't think anybody will see this behaviour in action.

If you have some usecases we can change it though.

--
Valentino Volonghi aka Dialtone
Now Running MacOSX 10.4