[Twisted-web] Matt's "forms" - validation error when field name is not ASCII

Tristan Seligmann mithrandi-twisted-web at mithrandi.za.net
Sat Dec 10 08:11:32 MST 2005

* Paul Reznicek <maillists at ivsn.com> [2005-12-10 13:10:25 +0100]:

> Current state (note the "ä" character (German 'ae' in name):
>
>    form.addField('währung', forms.String(required=True))
>
> You can fill some data in the form, but you permanently get the
> "required" message for this field.
>
> Attached patch open the possibility of using Unicode characters
> in field names and corrects above error.

The attached patch doesn't seem right at all, to me; if it does actually
do the right thing, then it seems to me you should just be passing a
unicode string in the first place. In other words:

    form.addField(u'währung', forms.String(required=True))

I haven't really looked into the code at all, though, so I suspect there
may be other thorny unicode issues.