[Twisted-web] HTTP/1.1 Persistent Connections and Pipelining

James Y Knight foom at fuhm.net
Sun Oct 17 21:30:43 MDT 2004

On Oct 16, 2004, at 4:44 PM, Seun Osewa wrote:
> Does Twisted.Web support persistent connections and pipelining?

Kindasorta. I believe it does HTTP 1.1 persistent connections.

> how
> can I take advantage of this, if it does?  And, if not, do you feel
> the interface is such that support for persistent connections can be
> transparently added?

It's all automatic, as far as it goes.

The new version of the http protocol for web2 supports it a lot better,
and works with both HTTP 1.0 keepalive and HTTP 1.1 pipelining and
persistent connections. Web2 is not ready for non-developmental use
yet, however. The core HTTP protocol layer should be pretty stable at
this point, but the layer above still needs work.

James