[Twisted-web] Guard

Sridhar R sridharinfinity at gmail.com
Sun Nov 28 21:42:55 MST 2004

On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 22:34:19 -0500, orbitz <orbitz at ezabel.com> wrote:
> having though, is that my authentication depends on 3 variables. A
> username, password, and department.  I'm not sure what I have to do to
> get these 3 things into the credential in order to authenticate. Is
> there a class I have to subclass and then override a method for or what?

You can proceed like this.  Authenticate using username and password
and return a special avatar (assuming PB).  Then call
getAvatar(department) remote method on the avatar to get the intended
avatar.  Even if more than one guy (from different departments) had
same username and password, the getAvatar method could easily resolve
the conflict. :)

HTH

--
Sridhar R - http://cs.annauniv.edu/~rsridhar