[Twisted-web] Refresh browser's content?

Matt Goodall matt at pollenation.net
Sun Nov 28 08:35:43 MST 2004

> On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 05:16:12 +0100, rednelb <rednelb at chello.sk> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> Please can you tell me, if it is possible with Nevow (does it require
>> LivePage as well?) to force all browsers which are viewing a web page to
>
> It _requires_ LiveEvil.  Just use
> mind.sendScript("window.location.reload();") then.

The above is correct although refreshing the whole page may be like taking
an axe to the problem. Sridhar, I mean no offence by that - you answered
the question that was asked. LiveEvil is far too cool to be used to
refresh the whole page ;-).

LiveEvil actually allows you to update specific parts of the page; the
rest of the page is left unchanged. That tends to produce a much better
user experience as there is less "flicker" on the page.

The main demonstration of LiveEvil is chatola - included in the Nevow
releases (latest is 0.3). Another LiveEvil example is the incredibly dull
itsalive (.tac and .html) in sandbox/mg (available in the Nevow SVN
repository).

Hope this help.

Cheers, Matt

--
     __
    /  \__     Matt Goodall, Pollenation Internet Ltd
  __/  \__/    e: matt at pollenation.net
 /  \__/  \    t: +44 (0)113 2252500
 /  \          Any views expressed are my own and do not necessarily
 \__/          reflect the views of my employer.