[Twisted-web] Re: nevow.formless

Matt Goodall matt at pollenation.net
Thu Nov 25 06:06:59 MST 2004

On Thu, 2004-11-25 at 17:34 +0530, Sridhar R wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 11:01:32 +0000, Matt Goodall <matt at pollenation.net> wrote:
> >
> > Formless was broken out into its own package. Those imports should now
> > be:
> >
> >     from formless import annotate
> >     from formless import webform
> >

> Shouldn't this be
> from nevow.formless import annotate, webform ??

No, it should be what I typed.

> Why do we need create yet another top-level package?

Because formless is (in theory) suitable for use outside of Nevow.

Christopher Armstrong (radix) once developed a gtk version of webform
and I *think* Quotient was using formless to allow objects to be
configured via a command line interface. I'm not sure what state those
implementations are in these days though.

Cheers, Matt

--
     __
    /  \__     Matt Goodall, Pollenation Internet Ltd
  __/  \__/    e: matt at pollenation.net
 /  \__/  \    t: +44 (0)113 2252500
 /  \          Any views expressed are my own and do not necessarily
 \__/          reflect the views of my employer.