[Twisted-web] nevow tutorial

Matt Goodall matt at pollenation.net
Thu Nov 25 04:01:32 MST 2004

On Thu, 2004-11-25 at 06:03 +0200, Luc Saffre wrote:
[...]
> I am trying to get example4\schedule.py running:
>
> line 8:
> -from nevow import rend
> +from nevow import rend, loaders
>
> line 13:
> -    docFactory = rend.htmlfile('Month.html')
> +    docFactory = loaders.htmlfile('Month.html')
>

> ... and wow! (an exciting moment when you are discovering something...):
> The first page displays!
>
> Next problem: in day.py are two imports who fail:
>
>    from nevow import formless
>    from nevow import freeform

Formless was broken out into its own package. Those imports should now
be:

    from formless import annotate
    from formless import webform

References to formless.String, formless.Text etc should then be changed
to annotate.String, annotate.Text, etc.

I've create an issue on the tracker for this,
http://divmod.org/users/roundup.twistd/nevow/issue142, so if you have
any patches (no matter how simple) it would be cool if you could submit
them there so someone can apply them to the svn repository.

Thanks for helping sort this out. In general people seem quite short of
time right now so anything to make it easier helps.

Cheers, Matt

--
     __
    /  \__     Matt Goodall, Pollenation Internet Ltd
  __/  \__/    e: matt at pollenation.net
 /  \__/  \    t: +44 (0)113 2252500
 /  \          Any views expressed are my own and do not necessarily
 \__/          reflect the views of my employer.