[Twisted-web] overriding resource getting with nevow+twisted

Samuel Reynolds sam at SpinwardStars.com
Wed Nov 24 16:39:06 MST 2004

At 2004-11-24 05:13 PM -0500, you wrote:
>On Nov 24, 2004, at 1:36 PM, Samuel Reynolds wrote:
>>With Nevow, the choke point is getDynamicChild:
>>
>>def getDynamicChild(self, name, request):
>>     << CONDITIONALLY SERVE YOUR STUFF HERE >>
>>
>>     # Fall through to default processing
>>     return super(MyRendererClass,self).getDynamicChild(name, request)
>>
>>(Replace 'MyRendererClass' with your Renderer subclass, of course.)
>

>Err, despite my earlier message, of course, getDynamicChild *was* also in
>Nevow until recently. But now it's deprecated, and also not the "main"
>method, which was and is locateChild. Sorry 'bout the confusion. ;)
>
>James

Well, then. That'll require some changes on my part
when I start to update my code to the newer nevow.
FWIW, OMM nevow.__version__=='0.1d'.

I never said getDynamicChild  was the "main" method.
Just that it was the intercept point for inserting
dynamically-selected pages.

I've tried to keep an eye on the discussion list, but
I haven't kept up-to-date on the (seemingly endless!)
changes to nevow & twisted due to other projects.
I'll have to update my copy when I have time to make
the necessary changes in my code.

- Sam

Spinward Stars, LLC                        Samuel Reynolds
Software Consulting and Development           303-805-1446
http://SpinwardStars.com/            sam at SpinwardStars.com