[Twisted-web] getting started with nevow

Luc Saffre luc.saffre at gmx.net
Mon Nov 22 03:55:37 MST 2004

On 19.11.2004 15:56, Tommi Virtanen wrote:

> Luc Saffre wrote:
>
>> Question: what is going wrong here?
>
> You are using twisted.web instead of nevow.appserver.

Yes, this seems true. I start to understand. Thank you, Tommi, for this
hint.

Sorry if I'm sticky, but can somebody give instructions about how I must
do to use nevow.appserver instead of twisted.web? Currently I simply run:

   mktap web --path ../www --port 8088

to create a file "web.tap", which I start as a daemon using an init.d
script:

----------- file /etc/init.d/twistd
#!/bin/sh

case "$1" in
'start')
         cd /home/luc/twistd/run
         twistd -f web.tap
         ;;
'stop')
         cd /home/luc/twistd/run
         kill `cat twistd.pid`
         ;;
*)
         echo "Usage: $0 { start | stop }"
         ;;
esac
exit 0
----------- eof /etc/init.d/twistd

I suppose I am just overwhelmed about Twisted's complexity (I mean this
as a compliment ;-)

Luc