[Twisted-web] Re: Cobine Twisted with PHP

Alex Levy mesozoic at polynode.com
Fri Nov 19 10:28:12 MST 2004

> On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 14:50:03 +0100, webmaster @ haustierworld. de
> <webmaster at haustierworld.de> wrote:
> >
> >   Pardon me, but I?m absolutly new to twisted, and I couldn?t find
> >   anything with PHP :(

You can use Twisted's web server to serve PHP as a CGI; take a look at
twisted.web.twcgi.PHPScript, as well as twisted.web.static.File (for
information on how processors work).

However, this depends on what you want to do. Some PHP applications are
really designed to be run inside Apache, and there's no real benefit to
running them inside of Twisted (if you're not using any of Twisted's other
features).

On Fri, Nov 19, 2004 at 10:42:21PM +0530, Sridhar R wrote:
> You don't need to use PHP.  Have a look at http://nevow.com for an
> effective replacement for PHP.

Unless there is an existing PHP application he's trying to run, in which
case Nevow will be of very little utility. If this is a new application
being developed, however, Nevow offers a lot more flexibility.

--
Alex Levy
WWW: http://mesozoic.geecs.org/

"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right."
 -- Salvor Hardin, Isaac Asimov's _Foundation_