[Twisted-web] Credential questions - hide user name and password on login + get ip address in realm

Alexander May alex-news at comcast.net
Mon Nov 15 11:07:04 MST 2004

I have imitated the login process as shown in the nevow example guarded.tac.

A couple of questions:

1) After I log in, the username and password are shown in the address bar.
Is there anyway to force the guard code to use post instead of get so that
such things are not displayed so publicly.  I tried changing the main log-in
form  to use post, but it seems there is a redirect that occurs that
prevents such a change from having the desired result.

2) I would like to check the up address that the user is logging in from to
perform some additional verification.  Is there a way to get access to this
information in Realm.requestAvatar or in CredentialsChecker.requestAvatarId,
or somewhere else where it may be incorporated into the log-in process?

Thanks,
Alex