[Twisted-web] renderForms layout control and freeform errors

Alexander May alex-news at comcast.net
Tue Nov 9 15:31:55 MST 2004

I'm trying to figure out forms.  A couple questions:

1) How do I control the layout of a form rendered via webform.renderForms?

(http://www.livejournal.com/users/fzzzy/ seems to indicate it's possible:
'formless.webform.renderForms() can now be provided with pattern nodes to
influence the rendering of the forms. The structure and layout of the forms
can be completely controlled')

2) If I use a disk template based form, what fields do I need to add so that
formless will correctly post error messages.  (or some alternative way to
post back the error messages)

I can't find any documentation or examples on either point.  I love twisted
and nevow, but tracing through source code every time I need to do something
new drives me nuts!  Oh how I long for a good book (or web page)...

Thanks in advance,
Alex